Sunday, March 12, 2006

Leonard: Acoustical Anomaly

Why Bees are so Bee-otchin'
#8 Honeybees have no sense of the individual; it is all about the survival and success of the colony. If a honeybee becomes injured or old and is no longer able to work, it may go to the edge of the hive, jump off, and die. If it doesn't kill itself, it is killed by the fellow worker bees that it has spent its life helping.

Leonardism...
Leonard is the loudest cruncher I've ever met. When he's eating something that's crunchy, I can hear him even if I'm on the other side of the apartment, in a room with the door closed. He's a little self-conscious about his crunching, and if we have people over and he's eating something like pretzels or chips, he'll whisper to me "Am I crunching too loud? I'm trying really hard not to!" One time, Leonard and I were watching television together. I noticed that he continually turned up the T.V. until it was blaring. I looked at him with a quizzical look. Leonard put down his bowl of cereal and said "I can't hear the T.V. over my crunching!" Eventhough Leonard thinks his crunching is a negative attribute, I find it absolutely fascinating. The crunching sound that projects from his mouth is majestic and sonorous. His mouth has such amazing accoustics, it could easily outdo any famous music hall out there. If we were able to shrink the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to miniscule proportions, I'm sure they'd find a worthy concert hall in Leonard's mouth. If I had one wish, I'd like examine the complex blueprints belonging to the man that we call Leonard.

7 comments:

leonard said...

first of all, the blueprints are not for sale...no deal!
second of all, i think that the motab choir would be musically delicious.

T.J. said...

hey, crunchtastic. didn't that picture thing work?

meggie said...

No, the file was too big. We're going to try it another way.

Molly said...

Holy smokes Meggie, this page is absolutely hilarious. I came to your site for the ingenious title, "Blah Blah Blog," and stayed for the fascinating bee information. Oh, and the things your wacko husband said are pretty okay too. Blog On

leonard said...

a little f.y.i. darth molly...the ingenious title was thought up by yours truly...and by yours i mean mine.

Kyle said...

Holy crap, Megan. It's been over a month since you last posted. I think you should just take the blog off the internet. I have withered and died while waiting for more Leonard and Megan hilarity.

piercefam said...

Make sure Leonard never shows off the acoustics of his mouth around my Chris. Chris hates crunching so much that I actually caught him sucking on the croutons in his salad in order to make them more appropriate for quiet eating. He pretty much leaves the room if I ever eat and he's not eating. He can't handle it...and I am pretty normal when it comes to cruching!