Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reunions

This is a photo from my cousin Kara's wedding, taken a couple of months ago. However, I think it does a pretty good job of showing how I feel when I get to see Leonard again after an absence. I really really really hate being away from him, and sometimes we won't see each other for 2 weeks. This was the case when I finally saw him again last weekend. He met me at the hospital where I was finishing my shift at the Emergency Room. I love those first few moments when we see each other again. From the looks of this picture, it would seem that he is a bit frightened by my excitement at our reunion. However, this just isn't the case. Which brings us to today's.....

Leonardism... When I saw Leonard at the hospital this last Friday, we hugged and he buried his head in my hair. I said "How was your drive, sweetheart?" To which he answered, "Yummy." Needless to say, I replayed this scene to him many times that weekend, as well as during some of our recent phone calls. Oh, sweet reunion! When passionate feelings overwhelm logical responses.

1 comment:

Mandalynn said...

I LOVE, LOVE this picture.