Sunday, February 10, 2008

I find the defendant - Tangled!

In the past I've referenced Leonard's commitment to hygiene, but I've failed to mention the emphasis he places on his keeping his hair well groomed. Leonard has a beautiful, thick head of hair. Its density, however, makes it more prone to becoming unruly so Leonard takes special care each day to keep it under control. It is on very rare occassion, and only under extreme circumstances that Leonard will neglect this important daily routine. Hence today's...

Leonardism...I loathe paperwork and consider it a necessary evil in order to continue on as a grown-up, so when Leonard isn't around to take care of the bills and such I kind of struggle. Recently I had to register the car in Oregon, and I had to do this quickly or the parking police in our neighborhood would notice the expired stickers and give us a ticket. It was to my dismay, however, that a few days later I recieved a ticket on my windshield for $50 because the new license plates didn't match the plate number on the parking permit - I didn't even think about switching the permit! Luckily, Leonard was home by this time and came to my rescue. So, one of the few times ever in our marriage he dressed quickly without showering and strategically placed a cap over his lush mane. When he got to the parking permit office, he obtained the new permit, and asked where he could go in order to waive the ticket we recieved. The lady nonchalantly told him to go to the courtroom next door. On arriving, however, Leonard was told he had to remove his hat and stand before the judge to plead his case. I can only imagine the horror going through Leonard's head at this time. Not only was he embarrassed at his sub-prime appearance, he now had to stand in front of a respected public servant and display his wild locks. Despite his wayward demeanor, however, the judge waived the fine and I got to take this awesome picture. Leonard, you truly sacrifice so much for me - for this I thank you.

4 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

Great that he let you take a picture! I love the information about mundane, daily nuances that are so often provided on blogs, especially yours it seems. I feel like I'm getting to know Kyle but where's my cousin in all this?

meggie said...

Thanks for the feedback Jeff. The main premise of this blog, however, is to showcase aspects of Kyle's personality that many people don't get to see - leaving me with plenty to talk about. Don't worry, you'll see me intertwined in the stories!

Rebecca said...

For this we are all thankful to Leonard. Thanks for taking one for the team. I do, however think that I've seen the likes of a laid back do...possibly on the beach in McCall? Are there some exceptions?

The Webber's said...

Hey guys! I love your blog! I told Brooke that it would probably be a funny blog (whereas ours is more a journal of our lives) and I was not let down. We miss your guys' funny sense of humor. We are getting ready to move back to Cache Valley for work and wish you guys were still there. Hope you guys are doing well and I believe you are almost done so good luck.
D