Thursday, May 01, 2008

Leonard on a half shell

I've always thought turtles were neat. Their slow, measured movements make them seem lacksadaisacal and laid back. There's something really elderly about turtles too - maybe it's their wrinkled green skin and the fact that they'd probably go a bit faster if they'd use a walker. When I see one walk I actually have a feeling inside of urgency that is stifled by the need to be patient. Although they may appear old and decrepid on the outside, they are forever young on the inside. I recently read that turtle organs don't age. Scientists have found that the kidneys, livers, and lungs of old turtles are virtually indistinguishable from their younger counterparts, and they are studying these organs to perhaps find the fountain of youth. What they don't realize, however, is they have a perfect subject of their own species that they could study.
Leonardism...My Leonard's thick hair is amazing. I know I've mentioned this in the past, but it truly is an anomaly. It reminds me of rolling hills of grass swaying in a light breeze. I really wouldn't be surprised one day to see a mini Julie Andrews walking along Leonard's part, singing a gay tune with arms outstretched. I have a photo of a 3 year old Leonard hanging on the wall of our apartment. The first time I saw this picture, I had to have it. Yes, he's an adorable 3 year old and it's fun to imagine future children looking this ridiculously cute. But even more so, I love it because the toddler Leonard has the exact same hair as grown up Leonard. Side part and everything. After dating and almost 5 years of marriage, his hair today is indistinguishable from the day I met him. They need to change the saying to "Nothing is certain but death, taxes, and Leonard's hair." With what I know of how little Leonard's hair has changed since he was a boy, I know exactly what he's going to look like when he's 80 - from the forehead up at least.

6 comments:

Lindemans said...

Awe, Megan, I love how you adore your husband. He does have a nice mop of hair there. I don't see you needing to buy noggin wax anytime in your future! That's awesome!

Jeff Hamm said...

You are hilarious! I love the animal morphs! Thanks (again) for sharing these funny quirks about Leonard

Rebecca said...

That's a fun post! When you mentioned the picture of him as a child, I was hoping you'd include it and you didn't disappoint! Do you think that Julie Andrews would have any use for Chris' smooth, barren head? Probably not.

Denise and Nathan said...

This blog has Megan written ALL over it. Too funny. I hope school is going well. You should be done soon, right!

meggie said...

Rebecca,
I bet it'd make a nice roller skating rink, whattya think?

Amazed said...

Just wanted to put another location on your map! I DO love all your morphed sense of humor...I do remember your mom telling me once that she dropped you on your head as a baby.....that is probably what makes you so special! You are such a fun writer...I love reading your stuff! Julie Andrews cracked me up!
signed, fondly, affectionately and very thoughtfully, Your Mommy's old roomie. Before you were born.