Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Many Faces of Leonard

Leonard and I just got back from our George Family Vacation to the Caribbean (more on that, later). During these past weeks we've had off, I've been taking a lot of pictures and I've noticed an interesting Leonard photography phenomenon.

It usually goes something like this:


Sweetheart, I'm gonna take a picture, so give me a smile:


You dork. Now come on, smile mister!


Wow, you really look fierce, now show me those pearly whites!At this point I gave up, as my patience had run out and also because I was laughing so hard I couldn't take a non-shakey picture.


Here are some more Leonard faces. I think the emotion he's able to express on his face is very impressive.
I've noticed he's quite fond of the mistrusting feral animal face:

Oh come on Leonard, now that's just plain silly.


This is one of my favorite faces. He almost looks like he's trying to make a pleasant face for the camera, but in fact this is his "I have a lazy eye and I'm quite content with it" face.Again, too shakey to continue with the pictures.

Here's another one. Leonard's sister Mandy was taking the picture and as soon as she started laughing, I knew what he was up to:



I really did want a good picture on this one, so :

And here it is. Patience (a.k.a toughness, coercion) really pays off!
Most of the faces I've shown are completely innocent. But then there's this one, taken while hiking in the woods, miles away from anyone to hear my screams:

This next one was taken at least two full minutes later, when I'd finally recovered from the laughter (and fear?):But there it is. The beautiful Leonard smile. Next time I show a nice Leonard-smiling photo, you'll have some idea of what went into getting that shot.

3 comments:

Lindemans said...

Love it! You're so funny Megan! Leonard is like my 2 yr old. Seriously! LOL!!! I can't wait to hang out with you guys!

maggiedot said...

Your hubbie is sooo photogenic I'd didn't think he could ever take a bad picture but I believe a few of those have are giving me the vapors. Wait, is that a knife I see in his hand?????

Rebecca said...

Those are some seriously animal-like faces for Leonard. Very fitting. Glad you had a nice vacation in the sun.