Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hook Ups!!!

Most jobs come with some sort of perk.

I remember a girl who lived down the hall from Leonard in college. She worked at Krispy Kreme and was known for bringi
ng leftover doughnuts home to share.
I've known people who obtained work at an airline simply for t
he perk of free plane rides.
I got free soft drinks when I worked at Steer Inn Drive-In in high school, and half off all meals when I waitressed at Lardo's, a greasy restaurant in McCall.


But none of that stacks up to the astronautness of zero gravity at 30,000 feet above the face of the earth. This perk was
experienced by my little tiny baby sister Molly, a journalist for the Deseret News. As part of a story on Utah teachers experiencing zero gravity, she was able to participate as well.

That's her - the elated one on the far right:


photo courtesy of sltrib.com

Nice, Molly.

You can read her Deseret News story
here.
Also, if you'd like to see how cute she looks in a side pony
tail during her on-air interview with KSL, you can see it here.

And speaking of feats that are out of this world, check out who's starting to smile:

7 comments:

Mandalynn said...

When did this smiling start? I just saw her 3 days ago and I saw no smiles. Oh, Maybe it was me.

Molly said...

Smiley baby! Start saving now, because if anyone deserves zero gravity, it's Amelia.

emily said...

Your older sister gets a free, annual flu-shot as the only perk of her job, so what's up with not doing a feature blogpost about her? And by the way, Amelia's dimples rock!

meg baker said...

Okay checking out Molly was like the highlight of my day! I called my mom so she could watch too. Funny thing is your mom had already called her to watch it:) Amelia is so cute! Congratulations!

Sandy said...

I knew I recognized someone in that photo! i get free cash whenever i want it working at the bank. beat that... oh wait, i just get to look at it. they won't even let me touch it.

Lindemans said...

My in-laws get the D-news and since we're currently living with them, I like to read through the paper when I eat my Cheerios in the morning. I'm always reading your sister's stories. I remember reading this story but I didn't know she was in the pic! LOL! Lucky! And Amelia's smile is amazing! She is darling!!!

Bagger said...

I didn't know Molly was a journalist! I've been leaking all my good stories to John Hollenhorst...