Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tuesday Nap

Today I put Amelia down for her afternoon nap. Only it wasn't the typical cross your fingers and hope she stays down for more than 15 minutes nap. She barely even twitched when I lay her in the center of our bed. The sound of my footsteps in the room resulted in no rustling or squaking. It was quickly apparent that this sleep suggested serious napping business, which meant I would be free to get things done uninterrupted and with both hands.


I could have loaded the dishwasher.
Or put some clothes in the wash.
I might have cleaned out the pantry.
Or made some bread.
I should have finished a patient chart from last week.
Likely I would have worked on one of my many projects involving fabric and an over-the-top idea.

But then I would have missed out on mid-dream smiles.



And eyelashes that seem to have erupted overnight.



So instead I stretched out next to my little girl. And slept like a baby.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ah, as it should be.