Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fixin' To

Leonard and I love the show Hoarders. It's shocking to see homes full to the brim with stuff, most of it useless but nonetheless invaluable to the troubled homeowner. I've certainly got my own problems but it makes me feel good to know that hoarding is not one of them. At least that's what I thought until a recent episode. The crew was helping a man whose yard was full of junk, mostly machinery and old cars. The man insisted he had big plans for each item. The professional organizer hired to help the man referred to him as a "fixin' to" hoarder, meaning that he had an impossible amount of projects he was "fixin' to get to" but that he would never be able to finish. I'm afraid I started to see a bit of myself in that old man hoarder. Between sewing, home decorating, gardening, cooking, and just general home improvement, I've got countless projects on my mind. Admitting the problem is the first step, so there you have it.

Here's a sneak peek of two such sewing projects I'm working on:


I'll blog about them when they're done. If there is never a post that corresponds with the above supplies, just know that in about 20 years you can find me living in squalor beneath a pile of fabric and patterns, my sewing machine dusty but my mind actively planning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious but I congratulate you for at least starting them. I hoard "One Day I wills" but never do it.
One day I will learn how to saw
One day I go back to reading
One day I will learn how to bake...
One day is not coming :(
I am sure you will finish your projects and I can't wait to see them! Liz